Two bugs/issues

Two bugs/issues

Postby Nitrix77 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi Rob,

First of all I wanted to thank you for sharing Mojo with us - I've been using it about two months and it has really improved my DAOC experience,

The two problems I am encountering are:

- Incorrect client version when launching accounts from either shortcuts or within Mojo. (Launching live patcher and going from there does work)

- Fullscreen window mode causes my mouse to jump when clicking anywhere in the game.

Hopefully you can help, thank you very much.
Nitrix77

Re: Two bugs/issues

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi Nitrix, you're welcome and thanks for the kind words.

Incorrect client version when launching accounts from either shortcuts or within Mojo. (Launching live patcher and going from there does work)

Short answer:

Run the live patcher from Mojo's pulldown menu. This will update the copy of DAOC that Mojo uses by default to launch with.

Long Answer:

It sounds like you have more than one DAOC installation on your PC. When I say "Daoc installation" I mean a directory that contains a copy of game.dll.

When you launch manually, you are using one installation. Mojo is using a different installation. One installation is patched. The other isn't.

Mojo has a lot of ways to specify which DAOC installation it uses to launch. You can specify it for Mojo as a whole on one of the Settings windows. That's the default. You should make sure it's the one you really want to use.

Mojo is complicated in this way because it lets you override that setting individually for toons, accounts, shortcuts, etc. You probably haven't done that, but in case you have, I'll say a few things about it. To see this setting for individual toons, accounts, etc., you have to open the "show more" button on their property windows. To fix the shortcuts, first get the launch icons inside Mojo working. If the shortcuts still don't work (I can't remember if they store their own copy of the launch installation path) delete and make new ones from the working launch icons inside Mojo.

- Fullscreen window mode causes my mouse to jump when clicking anywhere in the game.

I assume you mean borderless fullscreen windowed mode. (Windows also has the concept of "fullscreen windowed mode" with a border.)

Make sure that "Enable changes to client while it's running" is turned off (unchecked) on the DAOC Client Settings window. (I'm writing this from memory, and the names of the option and the window may be slightly different, but the real names are pretty close to what I wrote.)

I think one of those "changes" that Mojo makes is the real cause of the problem, not fullscreen windowed borderless itself. Fullscreen windowed borderless itself is actually done by the operating system (Mojo or any other app asks the OS to do it) and it's unlikely that the OS would cause a problem like this.

If that doesn't help, I think the client has its own borderless windowed fullscreen setting now. If so, that might work better than Mojo's version.

If that doesn't help, does (1) the cursor arrow move or (2) stay in place but the spot that gets clicked is a few pixels away?
Author of Mojo
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Nitrix77 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 pm

Re-adding the accounts (or repointing them to the daoc directory) fixed the client issue.

Disabling "enable changes to client while running" fixed the mouse jump error.

Rob, you're a rock star. Thank you so much :)))
Nitrix77

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Grats on fixing everything. Thanks a lot for letting me know how it worked out.
Author of Mojo
Rob
Site Admin

Return to Bugs and problems