Build 261 -- SweetFx and similar programs disabled by default

Comments about individual builds. Bug reports, suggestions, etc.
Rob
Site Admin

Build 261 -- SweetFx and similar programs disabled by default

Post by Rob » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Last week Nomadic reported that Mojo's new on-game graphics weren't working on his computer. I groaned because this sounded like a major bug, and it would be very hard for me to fix since he was the only person who reported it and I had no direct access to his computer.

Luckily for me -- very luckily -- Nomadic investigated and discovered that the problem was happening because he was running SweetFx and Mojo at the same time. There's no bug, only an incompatibilty. The problem is that when SweetFx is running, Mojo's graphics don't work.

I spent a few hours last night trying to make Mojo co-exist peacefully with SweetFx, but I couldn't do it in that length of time and gave up. Maybe I'll try again in the future, but for now, the user has to choose one or the other. They don't both work at the same time.

In this build, I've turned SweetFx off by default so Mojo's graphics will work. If you want, you can reverse this by going to Mojo's "Set DAOC Client Options" and checking "Enable DirectX apps that may interact badly with Mojo."

All apps that work like SweetFx, by placing their own DLLs in DAOC's folder, will be affected.

Many thanks to Nomadic.
Author of Mojo