Builds 328 and 329 -- More than one key/slash simultaneously...

Comments about individual builds. Bug reports, suggestions, etc.
Rob
Site Admin

Builds 328 and 329 -- More than one key/slash simultaneously...

Post by Rob » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 am

When more than one key/slash command tries to execute simultaneously...

Yesterday in build 327 I tried to solve the problem that happens when your hotkeys send two keyboard commands to DAOC at the same time.

Not everyone was happy with yesterday's solution and if there's one thing I hate, it's unhappy Mojo users, so let's try a different solution in today's build.

Today's build lets you choose how you want to handle that situation. To choose, go to Mojo's main menu, Settings, "Set hotkey options." You'll see three choices:

Collide. I don’t recommend this choice. It’s included only because this is how Mojo used to work and some people got used to it. Mojo pretends there's no problem and types both sets of commands simultaneously. The result is gibberish on the command line.

Queue. This is my favorite option but it's not for everyone. When Mojo sees that you are asking it to send a new keyboard command before it has finished the previous one, it delays the new one until the previous one finishes. The good thing about this choice is that every hotkey executes correctly and completely. The bad thing is that if you spam hotkeys, some of them will get delayed and will keep executing after you want them to have stopped. Spammers can fix this problem by putting Cancel() in some hotkeys or by using the third option below.

Discard earlier ones. This choice is the default. It's probably the best option for people who spam hotkeys. When Mojo sees that you are asking it to send a new keyboard command before it has finished the previous one, it discards the previous one and sends only the new one.

I tested this stuff for about five minutes. I have no idea if it really works. Please let me know.
Author of Mojo