Custom Labeling Characters

hiddenlurikeen

Custom Labeling Characters

Post by hiddenlurikeen » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:51 am

anyway we can rename characters or maybe just append the Server/Realm to the character
I have the same character 1 on ywain and 1 on gaheris I know I can hover over it and it tell me but a display would be nice maybe Thenecrod(Gaheris) or Thenecrod(Ywain1) or something. Its kind of an odd case since cant have the same char names on ywain itself.

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Custom Labeling Characters

Post by Rob » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:03 pm

anyway we can... maybe just append the Server/Realm to the character
Yeah, select "Tile" on "View" on that window.

Also you can group by server. That's what I do.
anyway we can rename characters...
People have been suggesting this since Mojo began and I've always been reluctant because names are a tangled mess already and I'm afraid these "screen names" might confuse things even more. The "real" name of a toon for DAOC's purposes is something like Ribble-23, i.e., Ribble on Gaheris. You see those names on INI files. The "real" name of a toon for Mojo's purposes is even more complicated because it includes a launch folder. If you launch a toon from two folders at different times, then for Mojo's purposes its two different toons, and you have to choose between them when you add one of them to a team. Now if we add nicknames ....

If you really want to do this, you can do it outside Mojo (in Windows explorers folders) with Mojo's "create desktop shortcut" feature which imho is one of Mojo's best features but hardly anybody knows about it.
Author of Mojo