Buttons (quick bars)?

Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:52 am

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by Rob » Wed May 20, 2020 7:23 am

Koxicain wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:10 am
I think it was because of a Slash command.
When i move with arrow keys / q,e etc. And spam click the window.
It only happened to me once. Could also be that i use mouseclick 4 and 5 above it.
I will keep testing and if i get some issue i will report it right away in more detail :)
Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Before I reply to your questions, let me ask you one. It's not clear to me what you're trying to do. Are you trying to control OBS with Mojo? That's not possible because Mojo isn't designed for that purpose. Although people like to call it a "macro program" it's not a macro program. Mojo's hotkeys send signals to copies of DAOC that it launches. It does not and cannot and is not supposed to send signals to any other programs.
Koxicain wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:10 am
Im currently experiencing an issue DAoC is not allowing me to send hotkeys through the game to OBS.
Do you mean you're expecting OBS to receive a signal from a Key() command in a Mojo hotkey? That can't happen. The Key() command triggers actions inside DAOC that are bound to keys. That's all it does. It does not generate keystrokes in a form that can be seen by any program other than DAOC. It cannot affect any program except copies of DAOC that were launched by Mojo.
Koxicain wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:10 am
I then tried to setup a passthrough hotkey in the panel but unfortunately doesnt work either.
I'm not sure what you're expecting Passthrough to do. It's not involved when you click a button with the mouse. Passthrough tells the operating system, "Do what you would do if Mojo weren't here." Passthrough applies only to your fingers' actions on the physical keyboard, because those are the only keystrokes the OS does anything with.

Normally the OS passes those keystrokes to the foreground window, but when a Mojo script is loaded, and when the physical key event happens to trigger a hotkey, Mojo intercepts the key event and by default swallows it, preventing the OS from sending the keystroke to the foreground window. Passthrough tells the OS, "Pretend Mojo isn't here. Do what you would do normally. Pass that physical event to the foreground window like you usually do."

None of this applies when you click a button with the mouse because (1) the only physical event that is occuring, the mouse click, is already passing to the foreground window (the button panel is the foreground window). And (2) there aren't any physical key events for the OS to pass.
Koxicain wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:10 am
Do you have a fix for this?
Fix what? You haven't reported anything that's broken -- at least not anything that's broken in Mojo. If you explain to me in more detail what you're trying to do maybe I can tell you a way or maybe I can add a feature that lets you do it.
Author of Mojo

Koxicain
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 am

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by Koxicain » Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Well you sortof got it right and wrong :P

So for the Panel that is working as intended, i was however hoping i could use the panel to control some features in OBS.
However, this was mostly a separate question but thank you for elaborating why it wasnt possible :D

With or without Mojo open or a hotkey in mojo assigned when im in DAoC it will not trigger any hotkeys i have assigned to other programs.
I was wondering if you knew how to solve this. Heres where the connection with the panel comes in. I was hoping by creating a hotkey in Mojo with passthrough it would actually let the hotkey go through DAoC and into the OS. But right now it seems like DAoC is swallowing all hotkeys with or without Mojo.

Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:52 am

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by Rob » Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Koxicain wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 pm
Well you sortof got it right and wrong :P
What did I get wrong? You say this problem happens when Mojo isn't running. I'm the author of Mojo not OBS or DAOC so how is it my fault if you have a problem with those two programs when Mojo's not running?
But right now it seems like DAoC is swallowing all hotkeys with or without Mojo.
Without Mojo means it's not my problem. It's not my responsibility. It has nothing whatsoever to do with me.

I'm usually willing to help people with problems caused by other programs, but when you blame me for those problems, that spirit of generosity dries up very fast.

My guess is that this is happening because OBS isn't running as admin. If running OBS as admin doesn't fix the problem you'll have to talk to OBS customer support not me.
Author of Mojo

Koxicain
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 am

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by Koxicain » Wed May 20, 2020 12:48 pm

I actually solved my own problem :D

Obs wasnt opened as Administrator, i always forget this :D
My bad :P

Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:52 am

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by Rob » Wed May 20, 2020 3:14 pm

The last two posts crossed. Why oh why do I waste my time on this stuff. :(
Author of Mojo

Koxicain
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 am

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by Koxicain » Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Hey Rob,

I havnt been blaiming you for anything at all, not even close. I was actually just asking you for advice nothing more than that if you had
any idea how to solve it.

Anyways ive been testing the panel a lot more and it seems like when only Button labels are on you are able to click through parts of the button
even though it has a label on it.

And my script might be causing me some issues since if i click it too fast it will either swap to quickbar 7 or open up /help for some reason.
Im think this is because it doesnt get to cycle through the few commands before a next one is sent. Is there a code i can put in to prevent that ?

Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:52 am

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by Rob » Fri May 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Koxicain wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm
I havnt been blaiming you for anything at all, not even close. I was actually just asking you for advice nothing more than that if you had
any idea how to solve it.
Glad to hear it but why then did you tell me I got something wrong after I explained to you that your problem wasn't caused by Mojo?
Koxicain wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm
Anyways ive been testing the panel a lot more and it seems like when only Button labels are on you are able to click through parts of the button
even though it has a label on it.
It works this way because of what you wrote earlier in this thread. I changed the program for you in build 298. Here's what you wrote:
Koxicain wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:13 pm
Noticed 1 issue so far, but iguess its because its a window on top of DAoC.
I have my Mousebutton 4 bound to be /face and that wont work if my mouse is hovering over the panel.
You complained that your button 4 click didn't go through the panel to DAOC so I changed the program and made button clicks go through transparent parts of the panel.

Now you're complaining that clicks go through the panel.

Do you want me to change this back to how it was? Do you want me to change it in some other way? Do you want all button clicks except left button to go through the panel?
Koxicain wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm
And my script might be causing me some issues since if i click it too fast it will either swap to quickbar 7 or open up /help for some reason.
Im think this is because it doesnt get to cycle through the few commands before a next one is sent. Is there a code i can put in to prevent that ?
In order for me to help you with this you'll need to send me the script as an email attachment and tell me which hotkey you're pressing. The address is rob@mojoware.org.
Author of Mojo

alnmike
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Buttons (quick bars)?

Post by alnmike » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Holy crap!
Haven't played daoc in a couple months so haven't tested this, but after reading the button documentation page: this is exactly what I imagined. Nice!

Post Reply