Slowpoke Mode

Lockin

Slowpoke Mode

Post by Lockin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:51 pm

I really do love this feature while I run 8 DAoCs on one PC, for some reason DAoC loves to run over 180 FPS and drains your CPUs usage a lot, I know many people use multiple PCs but I prefer not to. Is there a way to enable this setting every time on background characters? It limits the FPS to 60 a 30 FPS lock would be great to always run in the background. /Clientsleep backround I find gives a bad delay in the hotkeys.

Right now once I log the character in I just click the top left and enable it, it works. Just wondered if there was a simpler way or not. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Really enjoying this over AHK!

Lockin

Re: Slowpoke Mode

Post by Lockin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:39 pm

I noticed there is a VSync option that reduces the FPS to 60 and drastically reduces the amount of resources each DAoC takes, so never mind!

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Incredible! It never occurred to me that either of those features could be useful in this way. One of the most enjoyable things about publishing software is when users figure out something like this that never crossed my mind.

The only reason I made those slowpoke windows was to use them to test Mojo's FPS meter, right after I wrote the FPS meter and before the FPS meter went live. I needed a way to make sure the meter worked accurately. After I tested the FPS meter (I also compared it to FRAPS), I was going to remove the slowpoke windows, because they seemed useless for users, but then I thought, "They're kind of cute, and they took a few hours work, so what the hell, I'll leave them in the program. Maybe somebody will find a use for them."

I've been thinking of adding the opposite feature -- something that raises the FPS cap from 125 to 144 or even higher.
I noticed there is a VSync option that reduces the FPS to 60 and drastically reduces the amount of resources each DAoC takes, so never mind!
Thanks for testing VSync! It was added very recently and you're the first person who tested it. I couldn't figure out a way to test it myself since I have a 144 Hz monitor.
Author of Mojo

Lockin

Post by Lockin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:10 am

Yeah no problem Rob, the whole reason it crossed my mind was because I use to use ISOBoxer and it would FPS limit the background to save on CPU usage. I thought it was a neat feature. But this works quite well, game went from using 20% usage to below 8% per game.dll. Thanks again for the software having a blast.