New to Multibox w/Question

Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
DavidMims

New to Multibox w/Question

Post by DavidMims » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:49 pm

New to the multiboxing, So I have a few questions. Is Mojo a stand alone program that will do the same key strokes and mouse clicks on each window, or do I need to use something like HotkeyNet for that? Of all the multibox software I have looked at HotkeyNet is my choice although I have no coding or scripting experience aside from my simple macro's I used in wow. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Rob
Site Admin

Re: New to Multibox w/Question

Post by Rob » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:38 pm

New to the multiboxing, So I have a few questions. Is Mojo a stand alone program that will do the same key strokes and mouse clicks on each window, or do I need to use something like HotkeyNet for that?
You need a multiboxing program for that. Sometimes people call them "keystroke multiplexing programs." HotkeyNet is that kind of program. Mojo is not.

However Mojo is useful if you're multiboxing because it can launch a bunch of toons with a single click. In other words, you press a button and next thing you know, all your toons are standing in the game, each one in a separate instance of DAOC.

Hotkeynet can probably do that too but it's a lot easier with Mojo. (I wrote HotkeyNet but that was so long ago, I can't remember everything it does.)
Author of Mojo

DavidMims

Post by DavidMims » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:17 pm

Thank you Rob. Would you happen to have any scripts for daoc or wow multi-box laying about for Hotkeynet? =) I was hoping for some software that I could just start and insert what windows it is going to control and multi-key, mouse click on. I am not good at programming or scripting.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Even after somebody gives you a script, it's going to have to be modified considerably and you're going to have to learn how to rename your windows, and those things will require a lot of questions and answers. I think your best bet is to find a HotkeyNet user in the game and get him or her to help you. It's going to take quite a bit of one-on-one advice.

I'm sorry but I stopped supporting HotkeyNet years ago.

Your other alternative is IS Boxer. It costs money but it's probably a lot easier to use.

The Hotkeynet forum is still open for reading.
Author of Mojo

Nitrix77

Post by Nitrix77 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi Rob- hope you don't mind me posting this, but for those interested here's the script I use for HotKeyNet Multi boxing.

I just started mulit boxing myself and it's probably a bit rough, but it works. The only problem I encounter is my keystrokes don't always translate to every window 100% of the time, so I have to spam a bit.

@ OP, I can help you understand what this all means if you want, let me know if you even read this.

Code: Select all

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl P>
<SendPC local>
<RenameWin "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved." "DAoC 1">
<RenameWin "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved." "DAoC 2">
<RenameWin "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved." "DAoC 3">
<RenameWin "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved." "DAoC 4">
<RenameWin "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved." "DAoC 5">
<RenameWin "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved." "DAoC 6">

<Label D1 Local SendWinSF "DAoC 1">
<Label D2 Local SendWinSF "DAoC 2">
<Label D3 Local SendWinSF "DAoC 3">
<Label D4 Local SendWinSF "DAoC 4">
<Label D5 Local SendWinSF "DAoC 5">
<Label D6 Local SendWinSF "DAoC 6">
<Hotkey 0-9, v>
    <SendLabel D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6>
      <Key %Trigger%>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Decimal>
<SendPC Local>
<KillMutex \BaseNamedObjects\DAoCi1>
<KillMutex \BaseNamedObjects\DAoCi2>
<KillMutex \BaseNamedObjects\DAoCi3>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl O>
<SendPC local>
<RenameWin "DAoC 1" "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.">
<RenameWin "DAoC 2" "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.">
<RenameWin "DAoC 3" "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.">
<RenameWin "DAoC 4" "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.">
<RenameWin "DAoC 5" "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.">
<RenameWin "DAoC 6" "Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2015 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.">

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks for posting that. You're a generous guy.
Author of Mojo