Hot key setup

Renshai

Hot key setup

Post by Renshai » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:23 am

Hi im new to mojo and just want to set up a team to take baby keeps a duo a warrior and a valk bot. I just need information or possibly a file to download that has these options from the warrior account to the valk, heals, stick and attack. Is that something I setup in mojo? Excuse me if it sounds stupid but I have no clue on this stuff. I also got a render creation failure when I tried to load up the two as a team, I set the interval to 30 but that didnt work I finally just loaded them individually. Anyhow anyhelp on the hot key set up would be helpful.

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Hot key setup

Post by Rob » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Hi Renshai. 30 is probably too short to make a difference (it means 30 milliseconds or 1/33 of a second). I recommend that you try 15000 (that means 15 seconds) as an experiment to see if that solves the problem.

"Render creation failed" often happens with the old Direct Fullscreen mode. If you're using that (you may not be aware that you are) I recommend that you go to DAOC's Options screen and select Windowed Fullscreen Mode instead.

Everybody's hotbars and qbinds are set up differently, so there's no way one person's script can work for another person's characters.

Here are two pages I wrote that explain how to get started. Once you get the basic idea, I think you'll agree that it's simple and easy.

Overview

How to Multibox

You can get more help on Mojo's Discord:

https://discord.gg/YFsuZPV

Good luck. :)
Author of Mojo

Renshai

Post by Renshai » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:12 pm

Thanks a lot man I will try that out appreciate the input...

Renshai

Post by Renshai » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:41 pm

One question is "Driver " in the hotkey command understood as the name of the Toon that i want to be the lead of the team or just understood as the driver of the group?

Hotkey ( F1 )
{
Slash ( "/target Driver" )
Wait ( 200 )
Key ( T )
}

if the leader of the duo is named Rensh would that still be "Driver" or would i change the name in the statement to "Rensh"?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:28 pm

In that example "driver" is the name of a toon's window not the name of a toon. Mojo lets you easily rename windows. The "driver" In that example is a toon that your other toons stick to so you can move them around easily.

In this statement:

Code: Select all

Slash ( "/target SOMEBODY" )
Mojo lets you replace SOMEBODY with the name of a toon, the name of a toon's window, the name of a toon's account, or this special keyword:

Slash ( "/target local_foreground" )
That last example means, "target whichever toon is in the foreground (active) DAOC window." That last example allows you to switch drivers with one click when your driver dies.

In every case, Mojo will substitute the toon's name when it prints the command on DAOC's chat line.

More info:

How to Switch Drivers with One Click When They Die
Author of Mojo

Renshai

Post by Renshai » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:32 am

Thanks man you have been a great help and I have taken my first baby keep with my duo. I have one final question for you. What is the script command if I want to set a hotkey say F2 to make the partner in my duo attack my target styled with with keyboard key 1....So essentially I want the partner to attack my target with me at the same time...

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:22 am

You're welcome. You can do it like this. Replace MAIN and PARTNER with the toon names or their window names. The wait() is there because when you assist, the game sends packets over the Internet from your computer to Broadsword's server and back to your computer, and this takes time. You can probably make the wait shorter than 300. I made it very long in case you have a very slow Internet connection.

Hotkey ( F2 )
{
   Package
   {
      SendTo ( PARTNER )
      Slash ( "/assist MAIN" )
      Wait ( 300 )
      Key ( 1 )
   }
}
Author of Mojo