How to put spellcraft gems on quickbar

Rob
Site Admin

How to put spellcraft gems on quickbar

Post by Rob » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:04 am

Several people have asked for spellcraft features. They want Mojo to put gems on their quickbars. They also want a fast way to make a list of gems. These features are now in Mojo.

People tell me Korts used to do the first thing, and to some extent, every spellcraft program does the second thing. Nobody claims these features are original. They are just things that people asked me to put in Mojo.

Mojo puts gems on quickbars while your toon is logged out. Once you are logged in, while you are playing, everything is the same as usual. Gameplay is not affected. When you press a key or button to make a gem, it takes the same length of time as always.

You begin with the Spellcraft tab. Its design is experimental. It may change after users give feedback about it. Right now it looks like this:

There are three ways to tell Mojo which gems you want. First, you can click on the colored rectangles and select gems from menus (picture below). As you click, a list will build up on the right side of the window. I put three different kinds of rectangles in this build because I'm not sure which ones users will prefer. Gem names are capitalized in a peculiar way because Mythic does it like that in the game.

The second way to enter gems is to import them from a file (red circle below). Any file that contains gem names can be used. The file doesn't have to be formatted in any special way, and there can be other text in the file in addition to gem names. The third way is to type things in the list yourself. The list is editable. You can type, delete, select, copy, and paste the list.

You can put up to one hundred gems on a quickbar at one time.

When you're ready, click "Put on quickbar" (red circle below).

A second window will pop up (below) where you choose the toon whose quickbar receives the gems. This window can show you all the toons on your PC, not only the ones you've entered into Mojo. This means you can use Mojo's spellcraft features without entering any toons into Mojo.

On this second window (below) you choose the quickbar and page where Mojo will start entering gems. I use these words (quickbar and page) because Mythic uses them. I think players usually call these things "set of hotbars" and "hotbar."

The chosen quickbar slots must be empty. In other words, you have to empty them in the game. I put this requirement in the program as a safety precaution to prevent people from accidentally overwriting quickbar icons that they want to keep. If the slots aren't empty, Mojo displays a message reminding you to empty them. You can put as many as 100 gems on a quickbar at one time if you start with page one and all the slots are empty.

When you're ready to put gems on your quickbar, make sure the toon is logged out (the character selection screen is good enough). Then press Do It (red circle below). Then log back in.

Author of Mojo