only 1 free account allowed on a PC

MrBoboToast

Re: only 1 free account allowed on a PC

Post by MrBoboToast » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:37 pm

alnmike wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:28 am
Im fully on board with subscribing but just can't afford $150/month for the 1-2 hrs/day I can play.

That said, I will absolutely sub 4 accounts when the new server comes out.

I am right there with yas..Granted 5 scouts in the BGs is fun but I would totally Box solely to gear a main..

As for a New Server I agree it should be Sub Only, atleast initially.
I believe a few games did that like EverQuest with progression servers and of course World of Warcraft with the classic server but then again they don't have a true free to play model anyway..

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:24 am

Lol, I'm fairly sure I'm the reason multi boxes were banned in rvr. Spent a couple weeks in Molvik with 5 hunters/scouts/rangers depending on who was defending the ck (I attacked).
Those accounts all got banned then BS came out with the rule banning multis in rvr lol. Though they only banned the free accounts, not my subbed ones...

Anyway, I keep to myself now or plvl others, just need to figure out a way forward.

Now that I'm back from vacation, any ideas to test moving forward before I do the dumb thing and pretend everything is a nail since I only know about hammers? (VM's).

New threadripper is out, but I did the math and could subscribe over 10 accounts for over a year VS buying that PC and be janky.

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Playing around with VM's, finally got settings such that I can see textures in game. Now, trying to figure out how to get mojo to see the vm's. Nothings showing up on the "PCs with Mojo" tab. Just tested with my laptop, Comp and laptop can see eachother, just not the vm's and anything else..

Edit: Bridged the network adapter. DAOC still loads.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:23 pm

You're running an instance of Mojo in each VM, right? Mojo gives you two windows to manually control connections.

Settings > Set Connection Options handles settings for the local machine, i.e., the VM on which this instance of Mojo is running

Settings > Set Manual Connections handles settings for remote machines, i.e., the "other" VMs to which this copy of Mojo is connecting.

You can see details about connections in the lower left corner of the Geeky Stuff tab.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:23 pm
You're running an instance of Mojo in each VM, right? Mojo gives you two windows to manually control connections.

Settings > Set Connection Options handles settings for the local machine, i.e., the VM on which this instance of Mojo is running

Settings > Set Manual Connections handles settings for remote machines, i.e., the "other" VMs to which this copy of Mojo is connecting.

You can see details about connections in the lower left corner of the Geeky Stuff tab.
Yeah, its sorted now, im just making sure to use the same network instead of spoofing the network (I guess).
Narrowed it down to be able to play mostly, but need 1 core (2 threads) and like 4gb ram to play halfway decently.

Also making a new script to stop using HKN. Getting weird results with the targeted daoc instances.
Example https://mojoware.org/p/multiboxing/send ... press.html
If I load the toons on my main comp as part of a team, it all works fine. If one LD's or something and I manually start it I can no longer send commands to that account name. (Have it set to change window name to account name on both computers)

Pressing simple stuff like 1,2,3 ect works, but because im sending to (all) instead of a specific account. sendto (remote) also works. Not that big of a deal, just weird that my local mojo cant send specific commands to restarted daoc clients (mojo wasnt restarted, just daoc).

Now, if on my local machine (non VM) I restart the team in mojo, it all works again.

Just need to change my playstyle for teams, I never really used it because its alot of work to manually set up in the teams tab, when I used to just log in or out whatever I needed right now. Its really only for specific stuff like auto sending invites, etc. But worst case I can just make macros on my quickbar for my leader lol.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:33 pm

its sorted now
Grats.
If one LD's or something...
When that happens, I recommend that you simply repeat the original team launch instruction on the same Mojo (same machine) from which you launched the team originally. That's all you need to do. Mojo will automatically relaunch the the LD'ed toon(s), automatically leave the non-LD'd team members as they are, and all hotkeys should continue working. If that doesn't work you've found a bug.
If one LD's or something and I manually start it I can no longer send commands to that account name.
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you originally tell Mojo running on machine A to launch a team that includes a member on machine B; then that toon LDs; then you tell Mojo running on machine B to relaunch the toon on itself?

If that's what you mean I'm not sure it's a bug. I would have to see the script(s) and know some details. If you want to talk about it on the phone I'd be glad to do it.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Just the use case I use mojo. I use it to open accounts on servers then pick the toon from there. Also to switch servers easily because I didnt set up my main accounts with ease of use in mind....

I almost never use it to launch teams or specific characters. Because I often swap characters, so I would have to set up an entirely new team for each change in character. A lot of upfront work. Something im just going to have to bite the bullet and do.

The reason I do it this way, was for the 2 week free trial accounts. No way I was going to set up 3 teams, times 3 realms, every 2 weeks. So much easier to just launch individually. But now that im having to fuss around with spare laptops and VM's and everything, its just going to be easier to setup teams in mojo, specially now that the 2 week limitation is gone.

Think ill wait till after xmas or so to actually start doing this for real, cant run more than 3 VM's right now due to only having 16GB ram, and chrome likes all of it... To order another 16gb of the same ram, backordered till after xmas lol.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were launching teams.

I can see why you're reluctant to set up a bunch of teams. Mojo's UI is pretty slow for entering lots of toons and making lots of teams. Maybe I'll make a new fast way to do it. How about if you could just type a list of toon-account-PC in Notepad and tell Mojo, "this is a team"?

About the bug, let me see if I understand it now. I have to understand before I can fix it. You have a hotkey that sends something to an account. You launch the account. The hotkey works fine with a toon on that account. Then the toon LDs and you relaunch the toon by toon (not by account) and the hotkey stops working. Do I understand that correctly?
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Rob wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 pm
I can see why you're reluctant to set up a bunch of teams. Mojo's UI is pretty slow for entering lots of toons and making lots of teams. Maybe I'll make a new fast way to do it. How about if you could just type a list of toon-account-PC in Notepad and tell Mojo, "this is a team"?
Wouldn't say slow, its insanely fast for what it does, like holy crap I cant believe this works this easy. Non issue now that I dont have to keep making new accounts. Interesting notepad idea, just treat it like a script. Computer names shouldnt change too much, could basically write it like current hotkeys.
Rob wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 pm
About the bug, let me see if I understand it now. I have to understand before I can fix it. You have a hotkey that sends something to an account. You launch the account. The hotkey works fine with a toon on that account. Then the toon LDs and you relaunch the toon by toon (not by account) and the hotkey stops working. Do I understand that correctly?
If I launch the account on my "host" through the teams tab, it works. I was playing around without the teams trying to get it to work until I decided to actually make the team. Honestly, the way you have teams set up, its much faster and easier. Im just using to running multiple instances on a single PC, now that I have to load vms, and use my laptops, etc. Mojo teams is the way to go.

The hotkeys that are sendto (accountname), or slash ("/invite accountname" ) are the ones that dont work after LD's (or me being stubborn and launching separately). Everything else: sendto (all, remote) works, and thats what I use for everything except the /invite stuff.

Ohhhh, idea time. If you figure out how to launch daocs without using a VM, could start charging for that version of Mojo? If you wanted the hassle of having to support it I guess lol...

Edit: Also going through transferring stuff over from HKN:
from clickmouse : https://mojoware.org/p/multiboxing/refe ... mouse.html
Is there a way to just copy one click and send it to all? On HKN I used it for porting in and out of keeps, getting quests, turning in (those should be simple enough since its a popup menu). Often I had to try a few times to get positioned where the whole team saw the quest npc, but especially in OW raids and such, I had to get creative to find my window to click, the XY coords would change every time. First world problems :P

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:51 am

Oh my god...... I just took my first team through the starter zone. Jesus, every single quest you have to select your reward to finish it, was running around to the laptops and clicking inside all the vms constantly lol. I got the regular click buttons working, just not the select part.

Example:
//---------------------------------click stuff----------
// rt click above targetbar
Hotkey ( ctrl Alt Shift 1 )
{
ClickMouse ( rbutton 400 370 )
}
//accept/finish quest
Hotkey ( ctrl Alt Shift 2 )
{
ClickMouse ( 600 425 )
}