Different Window Sizes

Draum

Different Window Sizes

Post by Draum » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Was wondering how to create different window sizes for each account. Seems that if I change the resolution on 1 account, it changes them all. Any suggestions?

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Different Window Sizes

Post by Rob » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Use Mojo's virtual folder feature. Make a different virtual folder for each size.

If you want to solve the problem manually, without Mojo, make multiple DAOC installation folders and put a paths.dat file in each one. If you do it manually you'll use a lot more hard disk space but the result will work the same way.

Virtual folders

Paths.dat
Author of Mojo

Draum

Post by Draum » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:21 pm

Thanks, Rob!

Draum

Post by Draum » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:07 pm

I guess this is where it gets a little tricky. I created a folder but nothing is in it. What do I need to add to make that folder open up a specific toon in a particular resolution size?

I assume I have to create a folder for all toons and each size?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:49 pm

Instead of having DAOC installed once on your hard disk, now you will have it installed twice or three times or however many times you want. Each installation is in a different folder. Each installation is for a different window size. You're doing this because window resolutions (and all Options settings) apply to a DAOC installation. They don't apply to accounts or toons. You set the window sizes the same way you always set them, by starting DAOC from a particular folder, opening Options, and setting the size.

Whenever you want to run a toon with window size A, start DAOC in the folder that you've set to window size A. Whenever you want to run that same toon with window size B, start DAOC in the folder that you've set to window size B. You can change these sizes whenever you want just like always.

This is why Mojo lets you specify a DAOC launch folder for each toon and each team member -- so you can pick a window size.
What do I need to add to make that folder open up a specific toon in a particular resolution size?
If you're launching the toon with Mojo, specify the desired folder on the toon's Properties. You may have to click "show more" on Properties to see the folder setting. Set the resolution the same way you always do, with DAOC's Options window.
I created a folder but nothing is in it.
Did you create a virtual folder with Mojo or did you create a folder manually with File Explorer?
Author of Mojo

Draum

Post by Draum » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:16 pm

I used Mojo to create the virtual folder.

Just so I'm clear, I create the virtual folder for Toon A (let's say tank) and want this window to be my driver window so need it to fit full screen windowed. I name folder (Tank1_1920X1080).

From here, do I re-install DAOC into this folder from DAOC website or am I transferring the camelot.exe to the new files? I assume the same process for Toon A is for all other toons as well.

Thanks again for all your help!

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:29 pm

When you made the virtual folder with Mojo, if you saw the pop up message, "Your virtual folder has been created," the folder and its contents are complete. Mojo put all necessary files in the folder. You don't need to do anything to the folder.

Now you simply use the folder. Right click Toon A's icon, select Properties, if necessary select "Show More" on Set DAOC Toon, select the virtual folder you just made at the bottom of Set DAOC Toon, click OK, and launch the toon. After the toon launches, set the window size the same way you always do, by going to Options in the DAOC client.
Author of Mojo

Draum

Post by Draum » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 pm

OK, everything was followed as you suggested and the Toons open correctly with the right window sizes when I tested opening them individually under "all toons". However, once I created a team with these same toons, the team will not launch after I created one. I double-checked to see if there was anyhting else I needed to do under the team settings and didn't see anything. Did I miss something?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:49 am

Sorry, you found a bug. Hopefully I just fixed it in build 287 which I put on the server a few minutes ago. If there's still a problem with the new build, please let me know.
Author of Mojo

Draum

Post by Draum » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:06 pm

No worries, thank you very much!