New version of Mojo

Iordanis

New version of Mojo

Post by Iordanis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:16 am

Hey there. Today I’m having some issues running mojo.
I get this message box saying : Sorry , this version of Mojo has expired. Please download a new version from mojo ware.org .
Code 1447.
I tried uninstall and install again. Same error.
I tried cleaning web cache. Same error.
I tried Repair-modify. Same error.
I tried and download with an alternative way mojo (found the link in an old post) same problem.

Any ideas. Thank you in advance

Iordanis

Re: New version of Mojo

Post by Iordanis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:18 am

Sorry forgot to mention. Windows 10

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am

Sorry that you had to go through so much trouble. You're the fifth person who has reported the problem and the first for whom the alternate download page doesn't solve it.

I haven't been able to replicate the problem and I don't know why it's happening. Luckily you're extremely computer-literate so I hope you can help me figure out what's going on.

If it's not too much trouble, could you do the following? Try installing Mojo again, simply to make the error happen at a known time. Then go into Windows Event Viewer and see if you can find an event record of the problem and if so, send it to me. If you need more detailed instructions please ask.

I'm sorry I am replying to your request for help with a request for you to help me, but there's nothing else I can do, since I can't replicate the problem and I have no way to figure out what's wrong without your help.
Author of Mojo

Iordanis

Post by Iordanis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:35 am

I’m more than happy to help you out. I will do it as soon as i get home.
An other thing I noticed is that if you run the game and then load mojo you can use mojo without getting an error or even shutting down (Using Gamma from Mojo’s option and it works fine).
Also to add i tried to DL mojo from 2 different browsers chrome and Firefox with the same results. Plus every time I get the error while loading the game everything froze and I can’t exit game with Esc button. It looks like game stops responding.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:58 am

Thank you for those additional details. They change everything. I don't think you're seeing the same bug as those other people. In their case, the current build (311) never gets installed. But I'll bet your copy of Mojo, when it runs, says Build 311 on the title bar. Am I right? If I'm wrong please tell me because I'll be going off on the wrong road now assuming you've got build 311.

The explanation for DAOC becoming unreponsive is probably that Mojo injects a DLL into DAOC that independently checks whether the build has expired. I forget what it does if it thinks the build has expired -- probably unloads itself. I never expected that code to run because expiration should have been caught by Mojo itself, so I didn't put a lot of effort into it.

Based on the additional info you just told me, I think probably that code is running by mistake. I'll look at the source code for the dll.
Author of Mojo

Iordanis

Post by Iordanis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:30 am

Updating the game kinda solved the problem.
Now everything works more than fine.
Want me to run that windows event thing u wanted?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:38 am

Ah that explains everything. Mojo's dll uses the age of the DAOC executable to figure out whether Mojo has expired. I'm guessing you were running game.dll 1.126 which was built in November 2019 so it was very old. Unless you continue to see some problem, no need to check anything. I think we've nailed this one. Thanks again.
Author of Mojo