only 1 free account allowed on a PC

MrBoboToast

Re: only 1 free account allowed on a PC

Post by MrBoboToast » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:37 pm

alnmike wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:28 am
Im fully on board with subscribing but just can't afford $150/month for the 1-2 hrs/day I can play.

That said, I will absolutely sub 4 accounts when the new server comes out.

I am right there with yas..Granted 5 scouts in the BGs is fun but I would totally Box solely to gear a main..

As for a New Server I agree it should be Sub Only, atleast initially.
I believe a few games did that like EverQuest with progression servers and of course World of Warcraft with the classic server but then again they don't have a true free to play model anyway..

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:24 am

Lol, I'm fairly sure I'm the reason multi boxes were banned in rvr. Spent a couple weeks in Molvik with 5 hunters/scouts/rangers depending on who was defending the ck (I attacked).
Those accounts all got banned then BS came out with the rule banning multis in rvr lol. Though they only banned the free accounts, not my subbed ones...

Anyway, I keep to myself now or plvl others, just need to figure out a way forward.

Now that I'm back from vacation, any ideas to test moving forward before I do the dumb thing and pretend everything is a nail since I only know about hammers? (VM's).

New threadripper is out, but I did the math and could subscribe over 10 accounts for over a year VS buying that PC and be janky.

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Playing around with VM's, finally got settings such that I can see textures in game. Now, trying to figure out how to get mojo to see the vm's. Nothings showing up on the "PCs with Mojo" tab. Just tested with my laptop, Comp and laptop can see eachother, just not the vm's and anything else..

Edit: Bridged the network adapter. DAOC still loads.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:23 pm

You're running an instance of Mojo in each VM, right? Mojo gives you two windows to manually control connections.

Settings > Set Connection Options handles settings for the local machine, i.e., the VM on which this instance of Mojo is running

Settings > Set Manual Connections handles settings for remote machines, i.e., the "other" VMs to which this copy of Mojo is connecting.

You can see details about connections in the lower left corner of the Geeky Stuff tab.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:23 pm
You're running an instance of Mojo in each VM, right? Mojo gives you two windows to manually control connections.

Settings > Set Connection Options handles settings for the local machine, i.e., the VM on which this instance of Mojo is running

Settings > Set Manual Connections handles settings for remote machines, i.e., the "other" VMs to which this copy of Mojo is connecting.

You can see details about connections in the lower left corner of the Geeky Stuff tab.
Yeah, its sorted now, im just making sure to use the same network instead of spoofing the network (I guess).
Narrowed it down to be able to play mostly, but need 1 core (2 threads) and like 4gb ram to play halfway decently.

Also making a new script to stop using HKN. Getting weird results with the targeted daoc instances.
Example https://mojoware.org/p/multiboxing/send ... press.html
If I load the toons on my main comp as part of a team, it all works fine. If one LD's or something and I manually start it I can no longer send commands to that account name. (Have it set to change window name to account name on both computers)

Pressing simple stuff like 1,2,3 ect works, but because im sending to (all) instead of a specific account. sendto (remote) also works. Not that big of a deal, just weird that my local mojo cant send specific commands to restarted daoc clients (mojo wasnt restarted, just daoc).

Now, if on my local machine (non VM) I restart the team in mojo, it all works again.

Just need to change my playstyle for teams, I never really used it because its alot of work to manually set up in the teams tab, when I used to just log in or out whatever I needed right now. Its really only for specific stuff like auto sending invites, etc. But worst case I can just make macros on my quickbar for my leader lol.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:33 pm

its sorted now
Grats.
If one LD's or something...
When that happens, I recommend that you simply repeat the original team launch instruction on the same Mojo (same machine) from which you launched the team originally. That's all you need to do. Mojo will automatically relaunch the the LD'ed toon(s), automatically leave the non-LD'd team members as they are, and all hotkeys should continue working. If that doesn't work you've found a bug.
If one LD's or something and I manually start it I can no longer send commands to that account name.
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you originally tell Mojo running on machine A to launch a team that includes a member on machine B; then that toon LDs; then you tell Mojo running on machine B to relaunch the toon on itself?

If that's what you mean I'm not sure it's a bug. I would have to see the script(s) and know some details. If you want to talk about it on the phone I'd be glad to do it.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Just the use case I use mojo. I use it to open accounts on servers then pick the toon from there. Also to switch servers easily because I didnt set up my main accounts with ease of use in mind....

I almost never use it to launch teams or specific characters. Because I often swap characters, so I would have to set up an entirely new team for each change in character. A lot of upfront work. Something im just going to have to bite the bullet and do.

The reason I do it this way, was for the 2 week free trial accounts. No way I was going to set up 3 teams, times 3 realms, every 2 weeks. So much easier to just launch individually. But now that im having to fuss around with spare laptops and VM's and everything, its just going to be easier to setup teams in mojo, specially now that the 2 week limitation is gone.

Think ill wait till after xmas or so to actually start doing this for real, cant run more than 3 VM's right now due to only having 16GB ram, and chrome likes all of it... To order another 16gb of the same ram, backordered till after xmas lol.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were launching teams.

I can see why you're reluctant to set up a bunch of teams. Mojo's UI is pretty slow for entering lots of toons and making lots of teams. Maybe I'll make a new fast way to do it. How about if you could just type a list of toon-account-PC in Notepad and tell Mojo, "this is a team"?

About the bug, let me see if I understand it now. I have to understand before I can fix it. You have a hotkey that sends something to an account. You launch the account. The hotkey works fine with a toon on that account. Then the toon LDs and you relaunch the toon by toon (not by account) and the hotkey stops working. Do I understand that correctly?
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Rob wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 pm
I can see why you're reluctant to set up a bunch of teams. Mojo's UI is pretty slow for entering lots of toons and making lots of teams. Maybe I'll make a new fast way to do it. How about if you could just type a list of toon-account-PC in Notepad and tell Mojo, "this is a team"?
Wouldn't say slow, its insanely fast for what it does, like holy crap I cant believe this works this easy. Non issue now that I dont have to keep making new accounts. Interesting notepad idea, just treat it like a script. Computer names shouldnt change too much, could basically write it like current hotkeys.
Rob wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 pm
About the bug, let me see if I understand it now. I have to understand before I can fix it. You have a hotkey that sends something to an account. You launch the account. The hotkey works fine with a toon on that account. Then the toon LDs and you relaunch the toon by toon (not by account) and the hotkey stops working. Do I understand that correctly?
If I launch the account on my "host" through the teams tab, it works. I was playing around without the teams trying to get it to work until I decided to actually make the team. Honestly, the way you have teams set up, its much faster and easier. Im just using to running multiple instances on a single PC, now that I have to load vms, and use my laptops, etc. Mojo teams is the way to go.

The hotkeys that are sendto (accountname), or slash ("/invite accountname" ) are the ones that dont work after LD's (or me being stubborn and launching separately). Everything else: sendto (all, remote) works, and thats what I use for everything except the /invite stuff.

Ohhhh, idea time. If you figure out how to launch daocs without using a VM, could start charging for that version of Mojo? If you wanted the hassle of having to support it I guess lol...

Edit: Also going through transferring stuff over from HKN:
from clickmouse : https://mojoware.org/p/multiboxing/refe ... mouse.html
Is there a way to just copy one click and send it to all? On HKN I used it for porting in and out of keeps, getting quests, turning in (those should be simple enough since its a popup menu). Often I had to try a few times to get positioned where the whole team saw the quest npc, but especially in OW raids and such, I had to get creative to find my window to click, the XY coords would change every time. First world problems :P

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:51 am

Oh my god...... I just took my first team through the starter zone. Jesus, every single quest you have to select your reward to finish it, was running around to the laptops and clicking inside all the vms constantly lol. I got the regular click buttons working, just not the select part.

Example:
//---------------------------------click stuff----------
// rt click above targetbar
Hotkey ( ctrl Alt Shift 1 )
{
ClickMouse ( rbutton 400 370 )
}
//accept/finish quest
Hotkey ( ctrl Alt Shift 2 )
{
ClickMouse ( 600 425 )
}
// click off clear target
Hotkey ( ctrl Alt Shift 3 )
{
ClickMouse ( 100 100 )
}

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 pm

alnmike wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 pm
Wouldn't say slow, its insanely fast for what it does, like holy crap I cant believe this works this easy.
That's good to hear!
alnmike wrote:
The hotkeys that are sendto (accountname), or slash ("/invite accountname" ) are the ones that dont work after LD's (or me being stubborn and launching separately).
Thanks for telling me. When I get time I'll try to see why this is happening, but I'm not sure I can fix it while I'm away from home here in New Mexico. I finally got a PC here (12 core Ryzen) and I have Mojo's source code with me but I don't have all the programming tools that I normally use.
alnmike wrote:
Everything else: sendto (all, remote) works, and thats what I use for everything except the /invite stuff.
It's a miracle that stuff is working for you because when I wrote Mojo's multiboxing code, I had only one PC on my network and I never tested any of it on multiple PCs. And only 3 or 4 people gave me feedback. HotkeyNet was much more thoroughly tested -- I had 3 PCs and about 200 active testers.
alnmike wrote:
Ohhhh, idea time. If you figure out how to launch daocs without using a VM, could start charging for that version of Mojo? If you wanted the hassle of having to support it I guess lol...
Do you mean launching multiple ECs? I don't want to put stuff in Mojo that allows people to break Broadsword's rules because Broadsword might start punishing people for using Mojo.
alnmike wrote:
Is there a way to just copy one click and send it to all?
Yeah. Something like this:

Code: Select all

Hotkey ( Shift LButton )
{
   MouseClick ( LButton )
}
I wrote "shift" so it doesn't broadcast every time you use the mouse. I can't remember if that hotkey scales automatically for the size of the windows or all the windows have to be the same size. I think HKN had a "scale" keyword for that but I forget how Mojo handles it. (Edit: I think Mojo scales automatically since build 241.) If you have a problem with it let me know and I'll look at the source code and improve the instructions.

Mojo's instructions for ClickMouse
Author of Mojo

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:49 pm

alnmike wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:51 am
I got the regular click buttons working, just not the select part.
There were some threads about this last year including a "shotgun" approach.

ClickMouse shotgun

Playing in first-person mode might help.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:28 am

Interesting. I didnt even think that it captures the XY from the hotkey like HKN. Didnt even try to test it lol, im using manually inputted XY coords. Im like 15 hours in and just hit lvl 30.... My record for a team to 50 was a smidge over 8 hrs :( (Thanes were god tier for pve)

Did a first person test before reading this, no go. My toons decide to stick at different distances for some reason..

Could load just the click hotkey on the VM Mojo's, since my main driver is a very different size.

Nice, how are you liking the 12 core? Im seriously considering getting that or the 3950 for this VM business. My intel 8700k can barely handle 4x 800x600 sized daoc VM's and 1 driver account. So 6 cores for 5 daocs. Kinda miss having 8 accnts running on a 4core ;/

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:38 pm

alnmike wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:28 am
Interesting. I didnt even think that it captures the XY from the hotkey like HKN.
I think Mojo can do everything in DAOC that HKN can do. But Mojo's script language is simpler and more automatic than HKN's so it may not be apparent. I just checked Mojo's source code and yeah, ClickMouse scales automatically for different window sizes so you don't have to worry about it.

Under the hood, Mojo is way way way more complicated than HKN.
alnmike wrote:
Im like 15 hours in and just hit lvl 30.... My record for a team to 50 was a smidge over 8 hrs :( (Thanes were god tier for pve)
I only ever made one team from scratch and I think it took about 48 hours but I can't remember. It was while I was writing Mojo's multiboxing code and testing it by leveling a team on Mid Ywain. It probably took extra time because I stopped a lot to rewrite code and recompile the program.

alnmike wrote:
Did a first person test before reading this, no go. My toons decide to stick at different distances for some reason..
It's very awkward. LIke I told Fugo in that other thread, the logical way for Mojo to handle this would be to send a packet to the server saying, "This toon just targeted so and so." But that would violate the EUALA even though this other method doesn't violate the EUALA and the effect of both is the same.
alnmike wrote:
Nice, how are you liking the 12 core?
I'm a little disappointed because it doesn't feel that much faster than my old 4-core but I'm not complaining because it does what AMD claims and it works fine. All cores boost simultaneously to 4.3 Ghz or higher with four out of twelve physical cores over 4.6 and two others very close to 4.6. CPU temperature with a Noctua DH 15 is usually in the 30s C and highest I've seen was 63 C. The PCIe 4.0 SSD really does get read speeds around 5 Ghz (I didn't run a full bunch of speed tests because I don't want to put unnecessary wear on it).

But for building programs, which is what I mainly use it for, the speed increase is less than I hoped. My old computer has four cores and it's seven years old. It takes 2:15 minutes to build Mojo. This new PC has three times as many cores, higher IPC, much faster disk drive, and higher clocks. I was hoping the time might drop to a third or less. But the new PC takes 1:15 minutes to build Mojo. It's not even twice as fast. I think the main problem is a big part of the build time is devoted to linking, which is mostly single threaded, so the additional threads don't help that much.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:39 am

Well, darn.
Came across this just now. Don't know why I didn't find it sooner...
https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/disc ... st-edition

Dunno yet if I'm going to continue for the lulz or just call it and come back for the new server. I like skirting rules, not specifically breaking them...

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:58 am

I hadn't seen that but I figured that was the rule, otherwise why are they making people resort to VMs.

I've always believed that things are wrong if they hurt people or animals, otherwise they aren't wrong. I don't see how multiboxing in PvE hurts anybody so I don't think it's wrong.

What DAOC's "rules" really mean is that if the player does certain things, he or she has agreed in advance that Broadsword has the legal right to terminate the account, but as long as nobody gets hurt, I don't see anything unethical about the behavior. These "rules" are really contract terms that allow Broadsword to terminate accounts at its discretion. In my humble opinion, breaking DAOC "rules" and ethics are two different things.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Theres always Gaheris which no one cares about lol.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:13 am

I was very involved with Gaheris for years, and I'm 99.999% sure that during the years multiboxing software was against the rules, Mythic/Broadsword never punished anybody for multiboxing software on Gaheris. Not a single time.

I think they had a deliberate policy of allowing multiboxing software on Gaheris but they chose not to say so.

They may have a similar policy now about multiple ECs.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:48 am

Shame, cuz I have really interesting ideas for a 3fg setup. I'm sure this isn't the best place to discuss it, but it's badass. Pm if any interest in implementing. :)

sheb

Post by sheb » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:58 pm

just caught up on reading this thread. so did anyone ever figure out a way other than VM to run more that one EC on one computer?