only 1 free account allowed on a PC

Rob
Site Admin

Re: only 1 free account allowed on a PC

Post by Rob » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 pm

alnmike wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 pm
Wouldn't say slow, its insanely fast for what it does, like holy crap I cant believe this works this easy.
That's good to hear!
alnmike wrote:
The hotkeys that are sendto (accountname), or slash ("/invite accountname" ) are the ones that dont work after LD's (or me being stubborn and launching separately).
Thanks for telling me. When I get time I'll try to see why this is happening, but I'm not sure I can fix it while I'm away from home here in New Mexico. I finally got a PC here (12 core Ryzen) and I have Mojo's source code with me but I don't have all the programming tools that I normally use.
alnmike wrote:
Everything else: sendto (all, remote) works, and thats what I use for everything except the /invite stuff.
It's a miracle that stuff is working for you because when I wrote Mojo's multiboxing code, I had only one PC on my network and I never tested any of it on multiple PCs. And only 3 or 4 people gave me feedback. HotkeyNet was much more thoroughly tested -- I had 3 PCs and about 200 active testers.
alnmike wrote:
Ohhhh, idea time. If you figure out how to launch daocs without using a VM, could start charging for that version of Mojo? If you wanted the hassle of having to support it I guess lol...
Do you mean launching multiple ECs? I don't want to put stuff in Mojo that allows people to break Broadsword's rules because Broadsword might start punishing people for using Mojo.
alnmike wrote:
Is there a way to just copy one click and send it to all?
Yeah. Something like this:

Code: Select all

Hotkey ( Shift LButton )
{
   MouseClick ( LButton )
}
I wrote "shift" so it doesn't broadcast every time you use the mouse. I can't remember if that hotkey scales automatically for the size of the windows or all the windows have to be the same size. I think HKN had a "scale" keyword for that but I forget how Mojo handles it. (Edit: I think Mojo scales automatically since build 241.) If you have a problem with it let me know and I'll look at the source code and improve the instructions.

Mojo's instructions for ClickMouse
Author of Mojo

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:49 pm

alnmike wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:51 am
I got the regular click buttons working, just not the select part.
There were some threads about this last year including a "shotgun" approach.

ClickMouse shotgun

Playing in first-person mode might help.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:28 am

Interesting. I didnt even think that it captures the XY from the hotkey like HKN. Didnt even try to test it lol, im using manually inputted XY coords. Im like 15 hours in and just hit lvl 30.... My record for a team to 50 was a smidge over 8 hrs :( (Thanes were god tier for pve)

Did a first person test before reading this, no go. My toons decide to stick at different distances for some reason..

Could load just the click hotkey on the VM Mojo's, since my main driver is a very different size.

Nice, how are you liking the 12 core? Im seriously considering getting that or the 3950 for this VM business. My intel 8700k can barely handle 4x 800x600 sized daoc VM's and 1 driver account. So 6 cores for 5 daocs. Kinda miss having 8 accnts running on a 4core ;/

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:38 pm

alnmike wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:28 am
Interesting. I didnt even think that it captures the XY from the hotkey like HKN.
I think Mojo can do everything in DAOC that HKN can do. But Mojo's script language is simpler and more automatic than HKN's so it may not be apparent. I just checked Mojo's source code and yeah, ClickMouse scales automatically for different window sizes so you don't have to worry about it.

Under the hood, Mojo is way way way more complicated than HKN.
alnmike wrote:
Im like 15 hours in and just hit lvl 30.... My record for a team to 50 was a smidge over 8 hrs :( (Thanes were god tier for pve)
I only ever made one team from scratch and I think it took about 48 hours but I can't remember. It was while I was writing Mojo's multiboxing code and testing it by leveling a team on Mid Ywain. It probably took extra time because I stopped a lot to rewrite code and recompile the program.

alnmike wrote:
Did a first person test before reading this, no go. My toons decide to stick at different distances for some reason..
It's very awkward. LIke I told Fugo in that other thread, the logical way for Mojo to handle this would be to send a packet to the server saying, "This toon just targeted so and so." But that would violate the EUALA even though this other method doesn't violate the EUALA and the effect of both is the same.
alnmike wrote:
Nice, how are you liking the 12 core?
I'm a little disappointed because it doesn't feel that much faster than my old 4-core but I'm not complaining because it does what AMD claims and it works fine. All cores boost simultaneously to 4.3 Ghz or higher with four out of twelve physical cores over 4.6 and two others very close to 4.6. CPU temperature with a Noctua DH 15 is usually in the 30s C and highest I've seen was 63 C. The PCIe 4.0 SSD really does get read speeds around 5 Ghz (I didn't run a full bunch of speed tests because I don't want to put unnecessary wear on it).

But for building programs, which is what I mainly use it for, the speed increase is less than I hoped. My old computer has four cores and it's seven years old. It takes 2:15 minutes to build Mojo. This new PC has three times as many cores, higher IPC, much faster disk drive, and higher clocks. I was hoping the time might drop to a third or less. But the new PC takes 1:15 minutes to build Mojo. It's not even twice as fast. I think the main problem is a big part of the build time is devoted to linking, which is mostly single threaded, so the additional threads don't help that much.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:39 am

Well, darn.
Came across this just now. Don't know why I didn't find it sooner...
https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/disc ... st-edition

Dunno yet if I'm going to continue for the lulz or just call it and come back for the new server. I like skirting rules, not specifically breaking them...

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:58 am

I hadn't seen that but I figured that was the rule, otherwise why are they making people resort to VMs.

I've always believed that things are wrong if they hurt people or animals, otherwise they aren't wrong. I don't see how multiboxing in PvE hurts anybody so I don't think it's wrong.

What DAOC's "rules" really mean is that if the player does certain things, he or she has agreed in advance that Broadsword has the legal right to terminate the account, but as long as nobody gets hurt, I don't see anything unethical about the behavior. These "rules" are really contract terms that allow Broadsword to terminate accounts at its discretion. In my humble opinion, breaking DAOC "rules" and ethics are two different things.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Theres always Gaheris which no one cares about lol.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:13 am

I was very involved with Gaheris for years, and I'm 99.999% sure that during the years multiboxing software was against the rules, Mythic/Broadsword never punished anybody for multiboxing software on Gaheris. Not a single time.

I think they had a deliberate policy of allowing multiboxing software on Gaheris but they chose not to say so.

They may have a similar policy now about multiple ECs.
Author of Mojo

alnmike

Post by alnmike » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:48 am

Shame, cuz I have really interesting ideas for a 3fg setup. I'm sure this isn't the best place to discuss it, but it's badass. Pm if any interest in implementing. :)

sheb

Post by sheb » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:58 pm

just caught up on reading this thread. so did anyone ever figure out a way other than VM to run more that one EC on one computer?