Blinking in and out of NPC's, Mobs & Team Members

light

Blinking in and out of NPC's, Mobs & Team Members

Post by light » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:02 am

Note from Rob: Turned out that the problem was caused by the user's router, not Mojo. Rebooting the router solved the problem.

Hi,
Came back post- EC to play some DAoC. When I use Mojo, not only mobs but even NPC's and members of my macro team will blink in and out. So I can't effectively stick or assist. Even my pet will blink in and out. Very frustrating and I didn't have these problems pre-EC and it's the same PC.

I don't have this problem when I don't use Mojo with DAoC.

I have paid accounts (so no EC account). Great program btw!
Thanks!

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Blinking in and out of NPC's, Mobs & Team Members

Post by Rob » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:47 am

Hi Light.

Please close DAOCs.

On Mojo's main menu, go to Settings > Set DAOC Client Options

Uncheck "Enable changes to DAOC Client while it's running".

Launch DAOC with Mojo.

Tell me if there is any effect on the problem.
Author of Mojo

light

Post by light » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Same problem still. I noticed that when I leave just two toons in game that the problem goes away. This is either with or without enabling the command "Enable changes to DAOC Client while it's running"

So it's definitely due to having more than 2 accounts running in the game.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Thank you for the info.

Are you 100% positive that this problem doesn't happen without Mojo? You would have to start at least 3 DAOCs without Mojo to find out, right?
Author of Mojo

light

Post by light » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:32 pm

I started DAOC with more than 2 accounts without Mojo running as client and it was a persistent blinking problem. When I went down to two -- cabby and cleric... the cleric would see the cab pet blinking in and out. At least the npc or team members weren't blinking in and out.

Then I restarted my PC and didn't touch Mojo but just logged in my cab and cleric. No blinking whatsoever.

Hope this helps.
Thanks -- Light

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:27 pm

light wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:32 pm
I started DAOC with more than 2 accounts without Mojo running as client and it was a persistent blinking problem.
So the problem has nothing to do with Mojo, right? Or is the word "without" a typo?

To save time, I'll assume you meant to type "with", and I'll tell you now what my follow-up question will be. Can you please clarify for me whether "blink" is purely visual or whether it's affecting the game logic. You can answer this, for example, by sending a command to a character with a hotkey (for example, send /assist SOMEBODY) while that character is invisible. When the character reappears, see if the command was processed properly.
Author of Mojo

light

Post by light » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:37 pm

The only way I can get more than 2 accounts up is with Mojo. I did more than 2 accounts with and without the client running -- with the same blinking out problem. Mojo is the culprit on my end.

I don't blink out at all if I don't use Mojo -- of course that's not as fun as I wanted to run a macro team. So I'm limited to just 2 accounts unless there's a work-around with Mojo.

The blinking out is affecting the game logic -- the NPC blinks out and is not visable for several seconds, or I can't assist because the mob blinks out on me. So it's not just a visability problem. I am running a 6 macro team -- and you can't stick for very long due to the blinking out of toons sporadically.

It's wierd because pre-EC I was able to run without any issues. Same PC, same setup.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 pm

light wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:37 pm
I did more than 2 accounts with and without the client running
Sorry, I don't understand this sentence. What does "client running" mean? Usually it means the DAOC program but you say you ran DAOC accounts without the client.
light wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:37 pm
The only way I can get more than 2 accounts up is with Mojo.
You can also do that with LottaCam, a program I wrote before I wrote Mojo. Let's try this with LottaCam, okay? Download LottaCam, run it, and launch 6 DAOCs without Mojo. See if the problem occurs.

Another thing I'd like to test is launching 6 DAOCs with Mojo. Then, after the DAOCs are running, exit Mojo. Does the blinking continue without Mojo running?

I tried to duplicate your problem on my computer. I don't see it, but I only have 3 accounts. Does this happen only in certain zones or under certain circumstances?
Author of Mojo

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 am

I thought about this overnight and I have an idea what the problem may be. To check whether my guess is right, you'll need to run 6 DAOCs without Mojo, using LottaCam, and tell me whether the problem happens with 6 DAOCs without Mojo.

I wrote LottaCam, it's a safe program, and you can download it from one of my other websites (https://daoc-trophy-mobs.com).

Could you also please tell me what CPU is in your PC and how much RAM.
Author of Mojo

light

Post by light » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:26 am

Rob, let me think about it. I'm not a tech guy, so I don't want to go to deep into this. The beauty of your program has been a non-tech guy like me was able to use it.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:41 am

I understand. LottaCam is even easier to use than Mojo. You just simply start it and forget it. From that point on, you can run as many DAOCs as you want on that PC until you reboot.
Author of Mojo

light

Post by light » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:43 am

Did a little more testing this morning. So with 2 accounts up and using Mojo, the blinking occured. Then I restarted the PC, and logged in the same 2 accounts without Mojo -- no blinking whatsoever. This is at Castle Sauvage using a cab (with pet up) and cleric.

BTW, when I logged with 6 paid accounts using Mojo the blinking occured -- regardless if I had the Mojo client running or not. Are there others running with a full macro team that have no issues with the blinking?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:25 am

Did a little more testing this morning. So with 2 accounts up and using Mojo, the blinking occured. Then I restarted the PC, and logged in the same 2 accounts without Mojo -- no blinking whatsoever. This is at Castle Sauvage using a cab (with pet up) and cleric.
Thanks, that's very clear.

Are you 100% sure that you still see the blinking when you uncheck "Enable changes to DAOC client while it's running"? With that unchecked, Mojo doesn't have any effect on DAOC. All it does it launch DAOC, nothing more.

What CPU and how much RAM do you have?
Are there others running with a full macro team that have no issues with the blinking?
All I know is that you're the only person who has reported the problem, but it's often the case that people experience problems and don't bother to tell me. Over the 10 years that Mojo has existed, thousands of people have used it, and many of them ran teams with 8 or more toons, sometimes even more. I think 24 toons (on a network) was the biggest team I heard of. Nobody ever reported this problem before. But I don't know how many people are running full teams since EC came out.

Maybe I'll log into Gaheris and ask (lots of multiboxers there).
Author of Mojo

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:49 am

P.S. I just talked to a guy running 5 toons with Mojo on Gaheris. He said the program has been "solid" and he hasn't seen the problem.
Author of Mojo

light

Post by light » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:56 am

Played around in Avalon City. Played 2 accounts on my desktop, and 2 more on my laptop -- so 4 accounts altogether. This is all without Mojo. Blinking occured and was unplayable. So it's not Mojo.

Then I just played the 2 accounts just on my desktop without Mojo -- no blinking. All's good.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 am

Thanks for letting me know. The problem might be caused by some other program running in the background interfering with DAOC. There are normally lots of programs running that users don't notice. You can see them in Task Manager under Processes and Services.

It might be yout antivirus running in the background.

Or might be Malware. You might want to scan your computer(s) with Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Author of Mojo

light

Post by light » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:16 pm

I tried Mojo on my new DELL laptop and had the same blinking problem. I'm using Windows 10 with Windows Defender. So it's not my desktop only. Not sure what else to do. Thanks again for your help.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:29 pm

Okay, so let's look for the common factor between the 3 computers. Are they all connecting to the Internet through the same modem/router? If so, can you try with a different Internet connection (e.g., if you've been playing at home, try at work or take a laptop to a friend's house and connect through their Wi-Fi)?

You're welcome. :)
Author of Mojo

Simhigi

Post by Simhigi » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:10 am

FWIW I feel like I've seen this from time to time but i *think* it was related to network latency issues (e.g. when I'm lagging hard in the game). I'll try and keep an eye out for it if it happens again.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Thanks Simhigi. That tends to confirm my guess about the Internet gateway.
Author of Mojo