Running 5 DAoCs on one PC

Lockin

Running 5 DAoCs on one PC

Post by Lockin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:07 pm

I have an i7-9700k and runs great while not loading, but on loading screens takes quite a long time. I use to run 8 on one PC with an older CPU. Just wondering if anyone had any tweaks to the game or settings to make it load quicker. I've found normally that newer CPUs don't run as good on older games. I got solid frames and steady game-play while i'm running around in the world, but it's almost as if I freeze for a good minute loading into zones. Please let me know if there is a workaround or if Broadsword just is messing around to deter players from multiboxing. Cheers!

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Running 5 DAoCs on one PC

Post by Rob » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Number one cause of slow loading is antivirus/security programs. I suggest adding mojo.exe, game.dll, and game.laa.dll to your security programs' white lists. You need to add game.laa.dll only if you've set Mojo to run DAOC as large-address-aware.

Number two cause is page faults, which are caused by having less RAM than optimal. You can monitor those on Task Manager. If you see a large number of them while you're loading, that's probably the problem or a big part of the problem.

Number three cause is slow hard disk.
Author of Mojo

Lockin

Post by Lockin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Yeah just recently I added the game.dll to an exclusion list on Windows Defender, that fixed it. Thanks for the speedy response and the program sir!

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Glad you fixed it and thanks for letting me know. You're very welcome sir! :)
Author of Mojo

Lockin

Post by Lockin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:15 pm

I do have a question about if you're going to be including variables into mojo like from your old program or not, they were super nice to have for hybrid classes/archers. :)

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:24 pm

It was my plan -- an experiment -- to design Mojo's script language so that everything that can be done with variables in HKN can be done in a different way (hopefully easier way) with Mojo. I don't know if I succeeded, but so far, nobody has shown me a HKN script that contains a hotkey that I can't duplicate in Mojo in a different way. (Other than toggles --- Mojo really can't do toggles.) Can you show me an example?
Author of Mojo

Wyred

Post by Wyred » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:13 pm

I use variables and IF/Then's extensively in hoykeys.net. I use a pannels & buttons to set the class of each of the 8 toons I am running and set their default stance/mode. I use hotkKeys to change the stance/mode of each individual toon as the environment changes. I would just push one attack button and everyone does something different based off thier stance/mode, a caster or archer in cast mode would then face and cast, Variables would control what spell or shot they would use, I can even set it to random. If I put one of them in melee mode, that 1 toon would now pull out their weapon and stick and use melee/champ melee styles. Change the mode back to casting and once again that 1 toon switches weapons, faces and starts to cast or shoot his bow again. Warden's could be set to attack mode, block bot mode/ heal mode. 1 button and 3 wardens in different mode can do something completely different. One would assist the main and stick the enemy, using melee on who you were fighting, the other sticks a group member and guards him, as the 3rd stands still and heals. The healing warden dies, change the stance/mode on one of the other wardens to heal and he stops running around after enemies and becomes the heale, standing still and healing. A caster with a tank pet up wants his pet to attack whereas a caster with a heal pet doesn't. one button but the 5 casters do different things depending on what pet they put up or what stance/mode they are in. (Melee, PBOAE or ranged). A warlock creates and fires chambers with the same key. Have you ever been fight and tried to fire a chamber on 5 locks and only one of them has a chamber up. The other 4 start trying to create a chamber it in battle. I used variables to track which chambers where up and which were not. when I fired a chamber, only the locks with chambers up would fire. Bainshees were another class that originally required variables to start and stop a pulse although that has now changed. I even had 5 different assassins keep track of poisons on up to 7 different weapons and would pull only poisoned weapons from their inventory in to their main hand. Once the battle was over 1 button and assassin would apply poison to the weapons that were used in the fight. I wasnt perfect, sometimes you missed with a weapon and the poison wasnt used so he would re-poison that weapon anyways. That too has changed and is only useful of classic servers) A hunter who is sword and board and another who is spear, when you switch both to melee, variables made them pick the right weapon, a scout with slam and one without slam are going to do different things when you push the slam button. The list goes on. A buff bot or a healer, 2 healers one can be set to focus on pac another on heals, if one died, change the stance of the live one by changing a variable. Every toon can do multiple things with 1 button depending on the stance/mode all set with variables. If 5 casters get interupted by a heretic pulse, only one of them needs to interupt the heretic with a melee attack, so once again, use a variable to change his stance to melee and only that one caster will stick and use melee attacks, the others will face and cast. In a fight, using the stick Hotkey, only toons in melee mode will stick and follow the driver round assisting from target to target, the others stand their ground, assist and use ranged fight and the toons in PBAOE or heal mode don't assist at all. Emergency stick hotkey and everyone sticks, all stances reset to default. ready for next fight. Mojo does a lot of things better, but i still need the variables in hotkey.net to get the most out of each class.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 pm

If I understand you correctly, Mojo can do that. But let's see if I understand the basic idea. You press a hotkey that sets a variable which defines the "stance" of a character. Then you press a second hotkey, and that second hotkey does different things depending on the stance. Is that the basic idea?

Mojo can do that without variables or if's. Actually in a sneaky way it does have a type of variable.

If what I wrote is correct, let me know and I'll show you an example of how to do this with Mojo.
Author of Mojo

Wyred

Post by Wyred » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 am

Basically... I would be interested in see how Mojo can do this. I am really liking a lot of the new features in Mojo, those pannels and button are fantastic.

say for instance my Hotkey is F1 to attack so your script would look something like this: I wont use keys because you don't know what QBinds they are set to in DAoC

<HotKey F1>
<If Toon1Mode is StandDown>
// Toon Does nothing
<Else If Toon1Mode is Bow>
<DoHotKey HotKey "MY Bow Routine"> // Use another Hotkey for different arrows or use this
<DoRandomToggle Hotkey "MY Bow Routine">
<Else if Toon1Mode is Melee>
<DoHotKey HotKey "MY Melee Routine">
<Else if Toon1Mode is ChampHeal>
<Something like this would just be a sendlable and key stroke>
<Else if Toon1Mode is Mezz>
.... list of modes continues DeMezz. PBAO, DD, BlockBot, GroupHeal, SpreadHeal InstaGroupHeal, I even played with a run away mode for a bit.
Something like InstaGroupHeal will just execute once and reset to the default Mode GroupHeal
<EndIf>
<If Toon2Mode is... same thing for toons 2 to 8

F1 is alway repeating

Then I have 1 hotkey to toggle the mode for each toon - I'll like to use Ins Home PageUp Del End Page down Prt scr and scroll lock because they are close together. Based off there class most toons have 3 modes or less, Hybrids and assassins are a little more complicated so they have more modes so I usually run 3 toons when playing assassins. They tell me what mode they are in in a private chat, so i dont get lost

When I target an enemy, base on their mode, some toons will assist, Based on their mode, some will face and ranged attack, based on their mode, some will stick and melee, one may mezz.

All I do is set the default modes for all and press F1, then watch for a change of situation and switch the affected toon to a mode that will work better in that situation.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:48 am

Basic idea: Where HKN uses variables, Mojo uses window names. (Window names *are* variables.) Where HKN uses If's, Mojo uses SendTo's.

Example. I'll assume that Toon1's account is named Account1.

Two examples of hotkeys to change Toon1's mode (we're using his window name for that purpose).

Code: Select all

Hotkey (...)
{
   RenameWin ( Account1 Toon1_bow )
}

Hotkey (...)
{
   RenameWin ( Account1 Toon1_mezz )
}
Here's an example of a hotkey that makes Toon1 do different things depending on his mode. This example has the same effect as, "If bow, key(3); else if mezz, key(4)." The word "if" isn't needed. This is a different way to accomplish the same thing. Only one of these packages does anything, just like only one if-else block does anything.

Code: Select all

Hotkey (F1)
{
   Package
   {
      SendTo ( Toon1_bow )
      Key (3)
   }

Package
   {
      SendTo ( Toon1_mezz )
      Key ( 4 )
   }
}
Author of Mojo

Wyred

Post by Wyred » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:56 am

Ok, i'll try that but now here when things get a little more complicated. The group modes are also set by the active players attack
I play all my toons the same way no matter what they are.
F1 = Opening attack
F2 = 2nd attack
F3 = 3rd Attack
In Hotkeys.net (and i know mojo does this better) the way i did find the active window, then find the class of the toon in that window
<If ActiveWinIs Toon1>......lots more else IF
<If Toon1 is Bard> ....... and so on
So now i know what class I am driving because I jump computers and windows to the driver I want. Based on who I am driving my toons adjust to the driver.
I press F1, if its a bard, a sorc or a healer their main attack if mezz so the rest of the group does nothing
I press F1 but the driver is a Hib caster, a cleric or a minstrel or a tank - thats stun so the group does their default actions and attacks
I press F1 on an assassin, now thats perf, so I am stealthed and the other 4 assassin are going to perf too or F2 is backstab so all the assassins will backstab.
I press F1 on an Archer, now that crit shot, which is a slow shot so the other archer default arrow is set to a slower magic shot or on the archer I press F2 now thats a quicker power shot so the other archer default arrow is set to the faster standard shot. I press F5 on my archer and thats a fire shot so all the archers default arow is fire shot, F7 for seige shot.
I press F2 on a healer thats stun so the caster Default is set to single target DD
I press F3 on the Healer and thats AOE stun so now the caster default is PBAOE
I press F2 on a caster, archer, cleric sharman, that their 2nd attack, variables are set and the appropriate group members attack or heal.
I press F3 on a caster, thats PBAOE and shot the attack mode is set to PBAOE or archers use acid shot.

I just play the driver normally, the group adjusts to my attacks. I look for changes in situations and when need manually change a toons mode.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:06 am

Oops, I totally, completely forgot about ActiveWinIs and all the other conditions in HKN. You're right, Mojo can't do that stuff. I wish you and I had had this conversation back in 2017 when I added scripts to Mojo, because like I said above, I omitted If-Else as an experiment. My plan was to wait and see people's reactions and if the window/sendto method wasn't good enough, I would add more stuff. Maybe even give Mojo a real programming language like the one I wrote for HKN2, which HKN never had. But in all this time, two and a half years, you're the first person who has given me any substantial feedback about this. I'm not sure how I feel now about doing a lot more work on Mojo.

It's amazing to see how much you're done with HKN. You would have had a blast with the language in HKN2, if I had ever finished that program.
Author of Mojo

Wyred

Post by Wyred » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:33 am

I did play with HKN2 for a bit, I really liked the mouse over feature in it. I was looking forward to you completing it. I still use a keyboard/mouse over program. Switching computers (The driver) is as easy as moving your mouse over to the left or right monitor. Even all my G-Keys from my logitech mouse and keyboard are transferred.

I am interested in testing what you have planned for multiple computer players.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:06 am

It just occurred to me that HKN's SendWin can probably trigger Mojo's hotkeys. I didn't bother trying it but it should work.

That means you could use both programs together to combine HKN's If-Else and Toggle with Mojo's superior key-sending.
Author of Mojo