Default window position

graveen

Default window position

Post by graveen » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:05 am

Hi Rob,

I'm playing windowed. I'm also having my windows taskbar on the left side of the computer.
Everytime i start a windowed toon, the DAoC window position is set to 0,0 in the upper left corner.
Sadly this ignores my taskbar, and i have to move the daoc window everytime. Not a big deal, but as i'm having Discord and other tools, i must set the window at pixel precision :D

Is it possible to simply have a default windowed DAoC position ? I'm sorry i perhaps have not typical use of Mojo, not really multiboxing, but rather as a targeted toon manager with macros :)

/bow !

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Default window position

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 am

Hi Graveen,

Can I ask your help with another problem? For years I've been unable to log into the DOL forum or create a new account there. I tried again last week for about an hour. I asked the forum to send me emails to change my old passwords, and I tried to make new accounts with other email addresses. I never receive email from the forum no matter how many times I ask for it or register a new account. I've used several different email addresses and tried with several DOL accounts.
I'm sorry i perhaps have not typical use of Mojo, not really multiboxing, but rather as a targeted toon manager with macros :)
Please don't feel that way. Mojo is basically a launcher not a multiboxing program. I wrote it for everybody not just multiboxers. The program's 8 years old and I added multiboxing 3 months ago. Maybe it seems like it's mainly a multiboxing program because the recent "What's new" notes always talk about multiboxing, because multiboxing is what's new. In terms of source code, multiboxing is maybe 3% of the program.
Is it possible to simply have a default windowed DAoC position ? I'm sorry i perhaps have not typical use of Mojo, not really multiboxing, but rather as a targeted toon manager with macros :)
Yeah sure. Did you and I talk about this recently? I talked about it with somebody the other day. What if Mojo simply saves DAOC's position when it exits. Then next time you launch, DAOC opens in that same place?

Teams already have a system for saving window positions, so this would only be for single-toon launches.

What do you think?
Author of Mojo

graveen

Post by graveen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:18 pm

It is perfect.

I'll enable manually your DOL account. We have issue with Sourceforge - the web space is not able to directly access to the internet, so not able to route a simple email, or target an smtp server. Long time ago, i decided to go there because i believe it would last over time: it lasted a decent time, at least.

Well, we get rid of Sourceforge for version control. Now, we are using Github. As i consider this is similar to sourceforge (can be buy by a commercial 3rd party, or being deprecated, then offer less services and/or paying ones...), it eases contributions with pull requests.

This done, we should move soon to a new host taht will allow to simply send an email :)

/bow !

Koxicain

Post by Koxicain » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 am

graveen wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:05 am
Graveen i created a hotkey for this when i have multiple toons logged in.
For my driver i've created 2 hotkeys 1 to remove frame and 1 to enlarge the game so the taskbar is covered.
If you still want the taskbar i would suggest you set it up like my alt accounts. So for instance you have your taskbar in the left side
and its about 20 pixels wide then have it like this if you have a 1080 monitor.
That will offset your window to the right and scale it to fit your window.
If you have more than 2 accounts open like i do the use example nr2.
Due notice that rescaled windows can be hard to read if made alot smaller than the original.

Code: Select all

Hotkey ( ctrl Numpad8 )
{
   Package
   {
      Sendto ( Driver )

SetWinSize ( 1900 1080 )
      MoveWin ( 20 0 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )
	  }	  

Hotkey ( ctrl Numpad9 )
{
   Package
   {
      Sendto ( Buffz1 )

SetWinSize ( 921 736 )
      MoveWin ( 0 -1036 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )
	  }	  

Sendto ( Buffz2 )

SetWinSize ( 921 736 )
      MoveWin ( 921 -1036 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )

Package
{
     	Sendto ( Pbaoe1 )

SetWinSize ( 460 300 )
      MoveWin ( 0 -300 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )	  
	  }

Package
{
     	Sendto ( Pbaoe2 )

SetWinSize ( 460 300 )
      MoveWin ( 460 -300 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )	  
	  }

Package
{
     	Sendto ( Pbaoe3 )

SetWinSize ( 460 300 )
      MoveWin ( 920 -300 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )	  
	  }	  
	  }

Koxicain

Post by Koxicain » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Is there a way to remove the task bar in the script. As you can see in my picture below my DAoC windows are all setup however im missing about 40 pixels due to my task bar. This does not work when i have 3 Windows in right side since 1 of the windows will be smaller than the other.

Ive previously used Enlarge however that works only when doing a single window and since DAoC has Borderless window now its not really needed.
Is there a way to set the Enlarge windows to a specific scale?

https://ibb.co/PM50sxW

Hotkey ( ctrl Numpad9 )
{
   Package
   {
      Sendto ( Primary)

SetWinSize ( 1380 1040 )
      MoveWin ( 0 0 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )
	  }	  

Package
{
     	Sendto ( Bot1)

SetWinSize ( 540 360 )
      MoveWin ( 1380 0 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )	  
	  }

Package
{
     	Sendto ( bot2)

SetWinSize ( 540 360 )
      MoveWin ( 1380 360 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )	  
	  }

Package
{
     	Sendto ( Bot3)

SetWinSize ( 540 350 )
      MoveWin ( 1380 720 )
	  RemoveFrame ( crisp )	  
	  }	  

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Two ways to hide the taskbar:

1. Resize a window so it's the size of the screen, or

2 Right click the taskbar, select settings, and turn on "Automatically hide taskbar in desktop mode."
Is there a way to set the Enlarge windows to a specific scale?
I'm not sure what you're asking. If you're talking about the "enlarge" technique described at the bottom of this page...

https://mojoware.org/p/extras/directx-mode.html

...yes, you can choose the scale. Just follow the examples in that section of that page. If that's what you mean, and you can't figure out how to do this, tell me the resolution of your monitor and how much you want to enlarge (for example, 50% bigger) and I'll show you how to do it.
Author of Mojo

Koxicain

Post by Koxicain » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:32 am

1. Resize a window so it's the size of the screen, or
I did this however when running DAoC in Fullscreen windowed it will not cover the taskbar when using the script above.
Even when it uses the full size of the screen.
2 Right click the taskbar, select settings, and turn on "Automatically hide taskbar in desktop mode."
Would like to try to avoid this option. since i could also move it to one of my other screens however i like to Alt Tab to get my taskbar in view
that way it wont interfere with my mouselook etc.
I'm not sure what you're asking. If you're talking about the "enlarge" technique described at the bottom of this page...
Im talking about the "Enlarge Game windows to Cover Taskbar" function which is a preset in Mojo. However when i use this it will use the full
size of my screen 1920/1080, i wonder if it would be possible to use this function to do 1340/1080 instead for 1 window and 540/360 for the other windows and that they will have their locations specified like in the script.
...yes, you can choose the scale. Just follow the examples in that section of that page. If that's what you mean, and you can't figure out how to do this, tell me the resolution of your monitor and how much you want to enlarge (for example, 50% bigger) and I'll show you how to do it.
My Game size starts as 1920/1080 and i downscale them to make 4 game windows fit my screen. I downscale from the full resolution so i know my UI is in the exact same place on every Window instead of presetting a custom resolution for each window closer to the new size.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Koxicain wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:32 am
... when running DAoC in Fullscreen windowed it will not cover the taskbar...
The way Microsoft designed Windows, this is supposed to work. When Mojo sets the window to fullscreen, it works. I don't know why Broadsword's code fails to have this effect.
Koxicain wrote:
Would like to try to avoid this option.
As far as I know, Microsoft only allows users to hide the taskbar in two ways. Either you display a fullscreen window (doing it the way Microsoft and Mojo do it, not the way Broadsword does it) or you use the setting on the taskbar. I'm sorry but if you're using Windows normally, I don't know any other way.
Koxicain wrote:
i wonder if it would be possible to use this function to do 1340/1080 instead for 1 window and 540/360 for the other windows
Windows doesn't hide the taskbar when you do this. It requires either a fullscreen window or autohide selected on the taskbar.

If you want to do it you'll have to go beyond the "normal" use of Windows. For example, you can turn Windows Explorer off (which will remove all desktop icons) or you can try to find a third-party program that mirrors your DAOCs in a single fullscreen window.

My Game size starts as 1920/1080 and i downscale them to make 4 game windows fit my screen. I downscale from the full resolution so i know my UI is in the exact same place on every Window instead of presetting a custom resolution for each window closer to the new size.
Okay but I'm sorry, I still don't understand the question. You're reducing them to half width and half length, right? So you're choosing a scale of 50%, right? So why are you asking me if you can choose a scale?
Author of Mojo

Koxicain

Post by Koxicain » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:58 pm

Okay but I'm sorry, I still don't understand the question. You're reducing them to half width and half length, right? So you're choosing a scale of 50%, right? So why are you asking me if you can choose a scale?
Did you see my screenshot ? Im using DAoC in Fullscreen Windowed, However when i use mojo to fill out the screen with all my accounts it will not cover the task bar as shown in the screenshot. But it wont cover the taskbar if i set each DAoC instance to a specific region of the screen.
So what i was wondering is if its possible to use that enlarge window to cover task bar can be used to do it. If you use it right now it will cover the whole screen, what im aiming for is to choose a specific region of the screen it should cover.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:22 pm

That's not possible.

What you can do is make the taskbar invisible.

I've added some hotkey commands and a predefined hotkey for that purpose to the next build.

ToggleTaskbar

HideTaskbar

ShowTaskbar
Author of Mojo